The Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust was created in 1970 by May Smith, in honor of her late husband. The Trust supports education and research in ornamental horticulture, primarily in North and South America. Grants up to $20,000 are typically made to botanical gardens, arboreta, and universities. Letters of inquiry from organizations that match the Trustâs funding interests and qualifications are welcome.
The Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust supports education and research in ornamental horticulture, primarily in North and South America. The Trust is interested in funding organizations pursuing the following activities:
- The advancement of research in ornamental horticulture and the publication of the results of such research
- Assisting in the creation, development, preservation, and maintenance of gardens accessible to the public for educational purposes
- Promotion of the environmentally responsible introduction, cultivation, and distribution of plants which have ornamental horticultural value
- Assisting in the publication of books or other works relating to the science of horticulture
- Informal and/or formal educational activities which further ornamental horticulture